Thursday, February 25, 2010

The prime reason for me to start blogging was to actually get back to the casual writing I did for my college mags. After doing my Masters in English Literature - a two years 'penance' in literary theories and criticism, I personally felt my vocab getting too heavy. But it was great dodging with theories and ideologies from the early Victorian era to more comtemporary world literature. After bloating happily amidst the fictionary phase of university life, I felt interested next in Journalistic writing which seemed more practical. This again was another phase of testing my writing skills - getting factual and report sensative! After an year's stint at the Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass communications, I joined a Children's magazine dealing with a variety of features. This was yet another phase of my writng potential where I dealt with topics for children. Never thought I would get back to child psychology yet again after studying it as a favoured option at my undergraduate level. Thus from literary notes to journalistic facts to a sneak peak into kiddie talents, I was going places with my 'Art of Writing'! Discovering one's niche (in this case about writing) is vital to one's stability and this is what prompted me to get back to my casual self blogging about what I actually am. My casual writing is an intricate part of my personality which I pledge to henceforth retain.

No comments: